When you’ve got the flu,
Make sure you target the real Suspect
Target the real suspect, not just the symptoms.
Even in otherwise healthy people, the flu can lead to a range of severe and life-threatening complications,1,2 which is why it’s important to act fast.
But what can you do to axe it?
Unlike over-the-counter remedies which only provide short-term relief from symptoms of the flu,3 antiviral treatments target the real suspect, the flu virus.4
By targeting the flu virus at its source, antiviral treatments can help to shorten the length of time you're ill, as well as minimise the risk of complications.5,6
When you get hit with the flu, target the flu virus directly, don’t just tackle the symptoms. Click on one of the topics below to learn more.
AXE THE FLU, DON’T LET IT AXE YOU ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF AN ANTIVIRAL IS RIGHT FOR YOU
It's important to speak to your doctor or healthcare provider as soon as possible.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Flu symptoms and complications. Available from: www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm. Last accessed: August 2020.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Study of flu-related deaths in children shows healthy children at risk. Available from: www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/2017-2018/flu-death-children.htm. Last accessed: August 2020.
- Klepser ME. Drugs 2014; 74(13): 1467–1479.
- Stiver G. CMAJ 2003; 168(1): 49–56.
- Allen UD et al. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol 2006; 17(5): 273–284.
- Wallick C et al. Poster presented at IDWeek. 3rd–7th October 2018, San Francisco, CA, USA.
Terms and Conditions
The website is intended for educational purposes.
NPM-MY-0391-09-2020 Expire: 14-08-2022 unless superseded by a newer version
Date of preparation: August 2020
© 2020 F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. – All rights reserved.